We have compiled a quick list of a dozen things you can do to support the Heidi For Texas campaign from your own home, and GUESS WHAT?! – they won’t cost you a thing, or take up much of your time. In fact, some of these are so easy, we’re a little embarrassed to suggest them to Heidi’s hard-charging supporters! We know how you guys appreciate a challenge.
However, there are a lot of new political actives out there – regular folks who are determined to dump the status quo! They know all the races in 2012 are critical to turning back the aggressively Leftist agenda that’s been foisted on us at the national and state level. We welcome you to our ranks, folks!
So for everyone out there, politically experienced or not, here are a few things to get you ramped up…
1. Join the campaign’s Facebook page. (We need folks to “LIKE” the page by clicking the button at the top, not just “liking” individual wall posts.) This may seem like a small thing, but this social networking tool is crucial to reaching voters in HD-24 and supporters around the state. When you join the page, you can help us spread the word about events, news, and invite others to join.
2. Follow Heidi on Twitter. Twitter is updated regularly throughout the day. It’s another chance for Heidi to interact one-on-one with folks, share news, and spread the word about her platform and her stand on the issues. Tweet and retweet Heidi’s comments!
3. Set the campaign website to be one of your homepages in your browser. This is such a small thing, but so hugely helpful! Every time your browser automatically opens our page, it helps boost our search engine rankings. Click a few times throughout the site and help out even more! The site is updated weekly, so be sure to check in to see what Heidi is up to.
4. If you haven’t already, join the mailing list. We won’t spam you (we only email a few times a month, only more often if we have some really Big News!), and our newsletter folks sometimes get the scoop before anyone else!
*At this point in the race, the four online steps above are absolutely crucial for all grassroots candidates. We are doing our best to be as frugal as possible with your donations – to get by on MUCH LESS than our opponents – and you should expect no less from someone who states they intend to help cut spending! All the e-campaign stuff is FREE, but requires a big volume of participants to be effective. Since we are in guerrilla marketing mode, we absolutely NEED to take this electronic high ground. Please add your numbers to our electronic ranks – and recruit others, too! In fact, right now, before you move on, please click all four of the social networking share buttons above or below this post: +1, Tweet, Share, and Like!
5. Remind folks everywhere that they don’t have to live in League City to support a conservative candidate for the City Council!
6. Invite more folks to contribute online – not just Galveston County folks, but everyone who supports replacing politicians with true conservative officials!
7. Write letters to the editor and submit for publication in news outlets around the district. This neighborly word of mouth is one of the most effective campaign contributions you can make!
8. Leave upbeat and positive comments on any article or blog you read about League City. Even a sentence or two helps! We need a steady stream of vocal and positive support to share Heidi's message.
9. If you live in League City, plant a sign in your yard! Please email Lianne with your address and we will deliver.
10. Let your favorite bloggers know about Heidi’s campaign. We LOVE bloggers – Heidi used to be one! We know how crucial they have become to this democratic process and we would be honored to have their support and attention! Take the bloggers at Blackfive, HotAir, Ace of Spades HQ, Regular Folks United, RedState, and Michele Malkin, for instance. Over the years, they have published many of Heidi’s articles, and we can’t thank them enough.
11. We need blockwalkers! VOLUNTEER. This is the time to knock on a few doors in your neighborhood/precinct, pass out some cards, tell people about the better, more authentic choice they have on April 3rd.
12. We need phonebankers! VOLUNTEER. Do you have time to come to our HQ and make some calls on behalf of Heidi and the other Conservative grassroots candidates? Don’t miss out on this volunteer opportunity. It’s easy and has a disproportionately HUGE impact on voters!
If you have any questions, or would like to offer a suggestion, use our handy online contact form, or feel free to email the campaign HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org. We really need you in this race, and we will do everything we can to earn your support and confidence.
The Heidi For Texas Campaign Staff